Techie Tuesday: Converting a Physical machine to Virtual Machine
Posted at Aug 30, 12:47h in product Macrium Software, Marketing Categories: product, tools, techie-tuesday
This article will guide you through the steps needed to convert a physical machine to a virtual machine, using any hypervisior.
- Using Macrium Reflect take an image of your physical machine.
- Once you have an image, create a Rescue Media ISO image.
- Create a Virtual Machine using your preferred hypervisor (Hyper-V, VMware, Virtual box…), assigning to it a vCPU, Memory and a Virtual Hard Disk.
- Boot the VM using the created Rescue Media ISO image.
- From the booted Rescue Media restore your image on to the Virtual Hard Disk attached to your VM.
- Without exiting the Rescue Media, run the ReDeploy option.
- Detach the ISO from your VM and reboot it.