About the job
Manchester, UK (hybrid)
Macrium Software protects the most valuable asset in the world - data. We’re laser-focused on providing the most reliable and effective data backup and recovery solutions possible. We’re dedicated to creating dependable software, providing quality service, and maintaining superior relationships with our customers and partners. Since our founding in 2006, millions of people across the world have chosen us, and you’ll find our easy-to-use solutions in homes, small businesses, public sector networks, and multinational companies. We are proudly headquartered in Manchester, with offices in London, and Denver, Colorado
Macrium Software is at an exciting stage in its growth journey and we are looking for ambitious and talented individuals to help us move to the next stage. We’re all about finding the right person for the right position, both technically and culturally.
This is a new role, allowing the right person to make it their own. The main challenges faced initially are setting up robust HR processes including a training and development plan.
Our people are our number 1 priority which means that this role carries with it a great responsibility to maintain good relationships with all staff making sure you are approachable and empathetic.
You will have enthusiasm for everything HR, from maintaining personnel records to running a quarterly reward scheme.
Have an attention to detail, taking pride in everything you do. Overseeing the recruitment process, planning and implementing training programs for staff and ensuring that employees follow best practices and company policies..
You will be in the early stages of your personal development training journey and wish to continue to learn, supported by the company, to complete your CIPD qualifications.
- Overseeing recruitment, selection and the onboarding process
- Managing the company’s appraisal system and conducting appraisal meetings
- Ensuring that the company’s procedures comply with employment regulations
- Monitoring various aspects of an employee’s performance, such as attendance and sick leave
- Assessing the need for training and then designing and implementing training programs accordingly
- Handling any disciplinary processes and formal grievances Setting and reviewing pay structures and employee perks and benefits Ad-hoc duties as required
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to listen and effectively verbalise ideas
- Strong skills to support and motivate staff
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations including during disciplinary hearings or staff conflicts
- Solid ethics and morals and sound judgement
- An understanding of the key principles of employment law
- Involvement in setting up new processes and systems
More about our benefits
- Non-contributory Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Non-contributory Life Assurance Scheme
- 25 days annual leave entitlement plus 8 public holidays
- Secure parking provision
Perks of working for us
- Breakfast Fridays
- Sales target gifts
- Funded training and development
- Flexible, hybrid working arrangements